Child Falls to His Death in the Ramot Neighborhood of Yerushalayim

4

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

unnamed (1)An 11-year-old boy R”L fell to his death in the Ramot neighborhood of Yerushalayim on Shabbos. The child fell through a roof shaft in the Shaare Daas Yeshiva building. He was transported to Shaare Zedek Medical Center in grave condition, where he was pronounced dead. Police are investigating.

Magen David Adom received the call near the end of Shabbos, at 20:03. Paramedics and EMTs responded along with fire department rescue.

Ichud Hatzalah EMT Isaac Katz explained that the fire department had to extricate the gravely wounded child from the shaft. The child was in traumatic cardiac arrest.

Police report the initial investigation reveals the child was playing on the roof of the talmid torah building and fell into a hole or skylight window into the shaft of the staircase.

MDA paramedic Dan Drori added the child suffered extensive multisystem trauma from the fall. He was transported while CPR and advanced life support efforts were ongoing.

UPDATE:

The levaya of the child, Netanel Yechye z”l, was held in Har Menuchos on motzei Shabbos.

ת.נ.צ.ב.ה

(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)


4 COMMENTS

  1. BDE – another holy neshama snuffed out. Why wasn’t access to the roof blocked and why wasn’t the skylight boarded up? This appears to be gross negligence on the part of the owners of the building and the builders. It is no good blaming an 11 year old child or crying out “hakol bidei shomayim” and telling women to stop wearing sheitels. Those who are to blame must accept responsibility.

  2. Avremi
    More like “yad hashem”, negligence is found everywhere & stronger codes, permits, regulations are essential in the building field. EXCEPT these add up to higher financial expenditures = higher costs to consumer.

    BDE & Nechema to the family.

  3. Avreimi. It was all blocked off. The kids broke open the gates over Shabbos and tore of the cover of the roof. The children of the neighborhood have been playing there for a long time with the owners having to id them and the parents multiple times to stop. They didn’t listen