A press conference was held moments ago by NJ Attorney General Grewal. New information and updates were given regarding the horrific shooting on Tuesday which claimed the lives of 24-year-old Moshe Deutsch HY”D, 31-year-old Mindel Ferencz HY”D, and 49-year-old Douglas Miguel Rodríguez – in addition to Jersey City Police Detective Joseph Seals.
The attackers were 47-year-old David Anderson and 50-year-old Francine Graham who were both shot and killed by SWAT teams in a multi-hour gun-battle. The pair were members of the “Black Hebrew Israelites”, a black-supremacist group known to rail against white people, Jews, and law enforcement.
The Jersey City shooting is now being called “domestic terrorism with a hate crime bent” according to the United States Attorney for New Jersey, who is now in charge of the investigation along with the FBI.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE LATEST UPDATES:
- A pipe bomb and a weapon with a silencer was recovered from the U-haul van, which was “outfitted with ballistic panels.”
- If this shooting was part of a larger plot: “They had a tremendous amount of firepower, but for actions of Chief Kelly and his officers, they could have done more.”
- Label of the Jersey City shooting is now a “domestic terrorism event with a hate crime bias.”
- “We believe the two shooters were acting on their own.” Says evidence points to acts of hate and domestic terrorism.”
- “We continue to gather evidence related to motive.” Says they’ve found numerous social media accounts. “We believe the suspects held views reflective of hatred of the Jewish people and law enforcement.”
- Five guns recovered so far related to Anderson and Graham. Four in kosher market. One in U-haul van.
- Two of the weapons were traced to Ohio, bought by Graham in 2018.
New footage has emerged of the horrific shooting attack in Jersey City on Tuesday afternoon.
WATCH A HASIDIC MAN WHO SURVIVED THE ATTACK DESCRIBE HIS ESCAPE:
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)