Jerusalem traffic enforcement police on Wednesday, carried out a major operation on Derech Chevron, which is classified as a “red zone”, which means there are many accidents. During the course of the day, 114 summonses were issued for offenses classified by police as “life threatening offenses”. Four vehicles were impounded due to “severe deficiencies”, police add in the report.
Thirty police personnel took part in the operation, some visible to motorists, which others were not.
The list of summonses issued:
• 5 summonses for running a red light
• 31 summonses for using a cellphone while driving
• 5 summonses for not yielding right of way to pedestrians in a crosswalk
• 3 summonses involving illegal operation of an electric bicycle
• 16 summonses for violations by pedestrians
• 9 summonses for erratic driving
• 7 summonses for driving without a seat belt or safety seat
• 38 summonses for additional violations
• 4 vehicles were impounded due to severe safety deficiencies
In addition, two drivers on motorcycles were apprehended without a license. They never got one and were driving anyone. Their vehicles were confiscated, and they will have to appear in court.
(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem/Photo Credit: Police Spokesman Unit)