Health officials have traced food poisoning of three youths to mango juice imported to Israel Egypt. The victims were transported to Meir Hospital in Kfar Saba, reported in light and light-to-moderate condition. The cause was traced to organic phosphorus fertilizer found in the juice.
Police have since learned the kiosk which sold the juice bought it in cartons, transferred it to bottles and sold it by the cup to the youths. Two other cartons of the juice were found in the kiosk which police confiscated. Officials did not indicate if the juice was contaminated upon its arrival or was rendered unfit by the transfer to different containers or storage of the product.
(Yechiel Spira – YWN Israel)