Close this search box.

Child Treated For Burns Caused By Boiling Water In Rehovot

United Hatzalah in Rehovot reported treating an eight-year-old girl on Tuesday afternoon in her home after she was burned with scalding water on her upper body.

Reuven Shanklovsky, an EMT medic in United Hatzalah said: “The girl was burned in the upper part of her body as a result of an electric kettle that was spilled on her in the kitchen of her home.

The spokesmen unit of the EMS organization calls on parents and adults to place the hot pots and/or electric kettles out of the reach of children. It is also important to make sure that the power cable leading to the kettle or electric appliance is in a location where the children have no access to it. Recently (especially on the erev Shabbos and Yomim Tovim and during the cold winter) there have been a large number of similar cases and it is important to learn lessons in order to prevent unnecessary disasters.

The report did not detail the girl’s condition.

(YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts