About 200 boys were evacuated from a Satmar Cheder this morning after two of them fainted, triggering fears of a carbon monoxide leak in the building.
Those fears turned out to be unfounded. Firefighters are still checking the vacated Satmar Cheder, but no trace of a gas leak has been found, according to the state police and Moses Witriol, the village’s public safety director.
The initial report — which came a little after 9 a.m. — of “a large gas leak” with four or five children down sparked a massive emergency response. Ambulances, the personal vehicles of emergency medical technicians and Kiryas Joel fire trucks lined the blocked-off street.
(Click HERE for video)