Forum Replies Created
I remember you! 🙂
This thread is like a time capsule from 2014, for me. It feels so weird to see everyone still alive and kicking…
You guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi.
I agree- we all way overshared in our younger years on this site… But it’s fun (okay, and REALLY cringe worthy) to read those old threads. And the random bored people who stumble upon our action filled threads will have lots of entertainment, and will hopefully appreciate their ordinary problems a little more. LOL the older, wiser members of the CR must have found us to be so entertainingly foolish at times… But we WERE sincere. Ah dunno, I’m just rambling here.
I agree with you, streekgeek. “Intense” is a great word to describe what we were like back then. It was painful to be that way, and I’m glad we’ve all mellowed out somewhat.
OURTorah and WIY- please chime in! Also Syag Lachochma. And Kapusta, and fkelly.
I remember reading all of the people mentioned in this post’s posts (wow that is one confusing sentence!) and being so in awe of their wisdom and kindness. Thank you for the time you spent reading my hysterical posts, and responding to them. And for caring. You are all very special people that I am so lucky to have had in my life at that point.
Also thank you to the mods for editing my posts when necessary. I was a foolish young person, and you saved me from outing my true identity without meaning to, more than once. Specifically thank you Mod 127 for advising me to go for therapy, and explaining that my private life should remain just that.
And to Mod 29. You know why 😉
I dont know how i missed the fact that you’re seeing a therapist. I apologize with all my heart. Do you forgive me?
I’m not saying that there is nothing wrong with the world. All i am saying is that nothing is gained from dissecting the topic on an online forum.
I just read over my post and realized that it is complete chutzpah to those older and wiser to me. I apologize.
What im trying to say is-
You need help. That is not good, and that is not bad. It is a FACT. I’m not gonna continue to support you like this if youre doing this to yourself. It’s hard to ask someone for help, but right now, that is what you’ve gotta do. Take responsibility for your life. I am telling you- you CAN do this! Hashem only tests you with things that you are strong enough to survive. I hope im not being too strong on you, i am only doing this because i genuinely care about you. This is what is called tough love.
I dont agree with to be or not to be. Lets face facts:
– you are being bullied by the people around you and no one is helping you deal with it.
– you have no self esteem.
– you have no support system.
– you are blaming the above facts on your appearence which is a very foolish thing to do. There are many people out there that are not models and yet lead very successful lives. Right now, you are stuck in a cycle where people at the cr are trying to help you, but all you’re doing is saying that you DONT need a therapist, you just need Hashem to perform a miracle in which you grow a foot overnight
And school can sharpen your grammar. And basic human decency can stop you from making blanket statements like the one you made above.
?June 18, 2014 4:12 am at 4:12 am in reply to: Some children/teens will not be accepted to a school next year. #1020911
I wasn’t accepted to any school last year- first, second, and third choice. I survived. It hurt, i cried, and now, looking back i am so grateful for that awful time period cuz i grew so much because of it.
When you say that if you’re not accepted to a school you end up in jail, do you mean that cuz you’re not occupied you’ll get in trouble, or that its against the law not to be in school?
And about the exterior of the school, remedial classes are held there if the weather is manageable.
I agree with worldcup. All that one can do in this kind of situation is daven.June 18, 2014 3:04 am at 3:04 am in reply to: Some children/teens will not be accepted to a school next year. #1020907
Life isn’t fair.
You cant just say “so make room” cuz there literally is no room. Girls in the remedial program have classes in the hallways.June 18, 2014 12:24 am at 12:24 am in reply to: Some children/teens will not be accepted to a school next year. #1020904
In my school, there isn’t any extra space for another classroom. Dunno about other schools.June 17, 2014 3:29 am at 3:29 am in reply to: Some children/teens will not be accepted to a school next year. #1020894
I won’t deny that. But that isn’t necessarily a bad thing! Let me rephrase that, it IS a bad thing, but think logically: Schools these days are in a very bad situation when it comes to finances. When they have a choice between accepting a girl that will barely pay any tuition and a girl that will pay full, what do you expect? It isn’t the optimum situation, but life isn’t all chocolate and roses, you know.
It would help the poor kids left out in the cold if everyone posting on this thread would say a perek of tehillim on their behalf instead of ranting and raving and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Seriously.June 17, 2014 3:10 am at 3:10 am in reply to: Some children/teens will not be accepted to a school next year. #1020891
Oy, coffee addict, that sounds awful! I don’t know, things really aren’t like that where im from, BH.June 16, 2014 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm in reply to: Some children/teens will not be accepted to a school next year. #1020886
Been there, done that. It isn’t always the school’s fault. In my town, the schools really try hard to accept everyone, but there literally isn’t any space! B”H, our community is growing, and some people are bound to be left out in the cold. Rejection hurts. Then again, life goes on.
That being said, if anyone reading this thread is being tested in this area, here is a thread you should check out:
That is a really excellent question. Bli neder, I will try to ask someone, and then type up the answer.
And how about “that’s a long story?”
A long story is just a short story that no one wants to tell.
Just say that you would rather not talk about it.
Thinking of you all the time! Yes, this may be a very long chapter, but you will get outa it. In order to do that, however, you have to do some very hard stuff. You need to accept a fact- until you seek help for this issue, IT WILL NOT GO AWAY. You cant solve a problem using the same kind of thinking you used when you created it. Find a rebbetzin that can help you find a new mindset, or send you to a therapist that can. You may even need medication. But don’t look at your being medicated as a horrible thing! You need it- its just like taking meds for high blood pressure. You CAN make friends, walk into a room and not feel like everyone is looking at you and hating you, and feel comfortable having a conversation with someone. But in order for that to happen, you need help. Just approach a teacher at your school. Tell her that you’re very nervous to be speaking with her. Tell her how much you’re hurting. If she is a quality person, she will help you. I wish i could hook you up with a teacher i know… Oh well. Find a teacher that is sweet and warm. Dont go to an intimidating power house.
you are in my thoughts and prayers,
It is so annoying when people preface a statement with, “Honestly” or “to tell you the truth.” Does that mean that youre lying unless you specifically say that youre not? It seems so unnecesary.
Lemme see if i understand your question. You dont want Mashiach cuz then youll get less reward? Its a valid question, if that is what youre asking. I am struggling with it too. Please confirm that that was your question and i will try to make time to write a long answer. 🙂
Oh, I have tonz!
– Someday, this pain will make sense to you.
-Every breath is a second chance.
– Be the reason someone smiles today.
– It’s okay to struggle, but its never okay to give up on yourself.
– Be who you want to be, not what others want to see.
– We cant solve problems by using the same thinking we used when we created them.
– its not how good you are, its how good you want to be.
– Life is like riding a bicycle. in order to keep your balance, you have to keep moving.
– What is life? They say its from b to d. Birth to Death. But what is between b and d? Its a c, so what is a c? Choices. Our life is a matter of choices.
– There will be many chapters in your life. Dont get lost in the one youre in now.
– You are never alone because there must be one trying to get closer to you.
– Today is a new day.
– Smile. Why? Because you can.
– Pick up your head, princess. Your tiara is falling.
– The past is in your head. The future is in your hands.
Hope this helps!
Please read this!!!
I’m going to leave the real advice for those more experienced and mature than me. But I do have a few things I want to say.
1. Dont think you’re alone in this situation. Just reread this thread- numerous people have admitted that they used to be in your situation and now are leading successful lives. There is hope.
2. You need to realize that what you are going through is painful, but IT IS JUST A CHAPTER IN THE BOOK OF LIFE. I put that in caps lock because if you dont realize this, you will feel much unneeded pain. Yes, right now you may feel alone. But someday you will get through the tunnel, and will enjoy life.
3. Find a rebbi that you feel is a person you look up to, and aspire to be someday, and TALK. Connect. It wasn’t so long ago that the highlight of my day was the time i spent on the coffee room. After i summed up the courage to open up to a rebbetzin that i respect, things changed SO MUCH! Reach out, please.
4. Someday, you will think back to this awful period of time and thank Hashem for it. Hashem only tests you if He knows that you need it to reach your full potential. I know its hard to believe, but its true.
you are in my thoughts and prayers,
Landaus is a supermarket in Brooklyn.
YAY, I found out why we jump. It’s cuz if you daven at shul, then prolly the chazzan will be by kedusha, in which case you’re going up and down for that. Makes sense?
Translation please, Patul Aval Assur?
Remember that life is a roller coaster ride. If you go really, really low down, take that as a sign that someday- hopefully soon, you will go soaring up to the sky. Also remember that if Hashem gives you something hard to deal with, that means that He KNOWS you can deal with it- with your head held up high, AND smile!
As was recommended already, check out divreichizzuk.com. That website is AMAZING!!!!! I can’t even tell you how many sleepless nights ive spent surfing that site, crying like a baby. Whoever started that site is gonna get some real good stuff after 120.
If you’re sad cuz you’ve made lots of mistakes, then i would recommend watching the shiur “everyone deserves a second chance” by Rabbi Bentzion Klatzko. It’s available on TorahAnytime.
Most importantly, daven. Know that Hashem is waiting for you to call to Him. He cares about what you’re going through and He is hoping that you will succeed in surviving it.
Also, read this thread: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/coffeeroom/topic/inspiring-letter
Keep your head up and smile cuz Hashem loves you!
Thank you for sharing that.
This sounds really weird when I actually type it out, but what language do you think in? Is it still English, or has it changed to Hebrew?
Really random, but I’ve always wondered… 🙂
The world is a better place today cuz of you, whoever is reading this. Do that cheesy pat yourself on the back thing.
Welcome to the cr, #poster!
sm29, your story was very unique.
There are a few things that would make the story even better than it is right now.
1. As Shopping said, don’t introduce the characters so quickly.
2. DON’T tell your readers everything about the characters! That insults their intelligence. For example, “He was pretty patient and had his experiences with situations coming up.” That line should be removed! It is the readers job to figure out Aryeh’s personality.
3. Your sentences are very abrupt. There are even a few sentence fragments throughout the story! For example, ” But he felt that he should have some food in the apartment.” That does not express a complete thought.
4. Some details are irrelevant to the story, and should not be included. For example, “While waiting for his friend, he gets a message from someone, and he replies. Then he puts it away.” I understand if you want to put in something about his phone, but none of your readers need to be told that he put it away after using it!
I love the way you tried to avoid using things like “she said/ asked/ wondered. There is just about the right amount of those in your story. I hate it when writers only use stuff like that when quoting a character!!!!!
I hope I wasn’t too critical. I really like your story, and if you fix a few minor issues it has really great potential.
I’m so impressed!
Nice name, by the way.
The details are mostly made up- my dad is friends with one of the writers over there and really if you think about it, they cant possibly know all the details that they profess to know! It’s common sense, really.
the world is a better place
yes i kno that it can truly be
if wed only just realize
theres no difference btwn you and me
who sings this song? His name slipped my name…
Sometimes i feel like i love people more than they love me. Hate that feeling.
Oomis, for being the practical and sweet bubby she is. 🙂
Popa, for being so creative, its creepy.
I miss them too!
Rabbi Klatzko’s shiur was so wonderful. And Reb Nissim is such an amazing guy!!!!!
Kol hakavod for that amazing answer! Your insight helped me a lot.
Yekke and Interjection,
I’m sorry you feel that way. I wish I could discuss these things with my family members but… suffice it to say they are not the best in tznius either. In fact, one of my siblings was checking the coffee room out, reading threads and stuff and she called me over, like- “LOL, look at this thread! Must have been written by a baalas teshuva or a weirdo or something.” And then she made a comment about tznius that made me wince. I wont share it with you. But this thread has really helped me. I assure you that I opened it with pure intentions and I thank the mods for approving it.
I have a question for all males out there.
A friend of mine once told me that she thinks the most attractive thing to a boy is hair worn down. While I highly doubt that is the most attractive body part, I do wonder if it is something to consider when it comes to tznius.
As I’m typing this, I am slowly realizing that i do know the answer to y question, deep down. Nonetheless, I want to get a males view on this because if i know it is true then it will be easier for me to work on this.
Chag kasher v’sameach to all!
This thread really scared me.
Hashem wont really destroy the world, will He?!
OMH! I am so creeped out right now.
Cheese can fly backwards if it tries hard enough. Every fight is a food fight when youre a canibal. Chocolate is yummy. I am AD- oooh, look! Shiny thing!
Thank you so much for that info. I just checked the site out and it looks so amazing!
Okay then, I guess I was mistaken in thinking that males dont do that.
But now I’m curious. Why DO we do that?
The Mountain Family is so inspiring! I love that book. Although I usually feel guilty reading books on shabbos- my date with Hashem, I dont when reading books like that. So, so, so amazing and inspirational.