With the continued measles outbreak in Rockland, County Executive Ed Day and County Health Commissioner Dr. Patricia Schnabel Ruppert remind residents of the importance of getting vaccinated. As of May 24, there are 247 confirmed reported cases of measles in the county since the outbreak began in October 2018.
Measles is one of the most contagious viruses on earth; 90% of unvaccinated people exposed to the virus become infected. You can catch measles just by being in a room where a person with measles has been, up to 2 hours after that person is gone. You can catch measles from an infected person even before they have a measles rash. Due to Rockland County’s small geographic size, exposure to the measles may occur anywhere in Rockland.
Anyone who visited the following locations or used the following taxis at these times may have been exposed to measles:
• Satmar of Monsey, located at 1 Monsey Boulevard, Monsey, NY 10952, from Monday, May 6 through Tuesday, May 14 with an ongoing risk of exposure.
• Congregation Yetev Lev of Satmar, located at 13 Monsey Boulevard, Monsey, NY 10952, from Monday, May 6 through Tuesday, May 14 with an ongoing risk of exposure.
• Rockland Kosher Supermarket, located in the Shoppers Haven Mall, 27 Orchard Street, Monsey, NY 10952, on Monday, May 13 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 9:00 pm.
• Congregation Khal Torath Chaim Viznitz, located at 25 Phyllis Terrace, Monsey, NY 10952, from Sunday, May 12 until Sunday, May 19 with an ongoing risk of exposure.
• Bais Medrash Ohr Chaim, located at 20 Forshay Road, Monsey, NY 10952, on Wednesday, May 15, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 7:00 pm.
• Bais Medrash Ohr Chaim, located at 20 Forshay Road, Monsey, NY 10952, on Thursday, May 16, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 7:00 pm.
• Synagogue Yeshiva Chovetz Chaim, located at 51 Kiryas Radin Drive, Spring Valley, NY 10977, on Wednesday, May 15, from 9:45 am to 1:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 3:00 pm.
• Synagogue Yeshiva Chovetz Chaim, located at 51 Kiryas Radin Drive, Spring Valley, NY 10977, on Thursday, May 16, from 9:45 am to 1:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 3:00 pm.
• Maple Medex Pharmacy inside Evergreen Kosher Market, located at 59 Route 59, Monsey, NY 10952, on Thursday, May 16, from 12:40 pm to 3:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 5:00 pm.
• Costco, located at 50 Overlook Blvd, Nanuet, NY 10954, on Thursday, May 16 from 7:00 pm until 9:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 11:00 pm.
• La Familia Taxi on Monday, May 13, roundtrip to Rockland Kosher Supermarket, from 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm with a risk of exposure until 6:00 pm, and from 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm with a risk of exposure until 9:30 pm.
• La Familia Taxi on Sunday, May 19, to Refuah Health Center located at 728 N. Main Street, Spring Valley, NY 10977, from 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm, with a risk of exposure until 7:00 pm.
These times reflect the period that the infected individuals were in these areas and a two-hour period after they left the areas, because the virus remains in the air and on surfaces for up to two hours. If you were present at these locations during these times, especially if you are in any of the following high-risk groups, contact your health care provider by phone right away (call before going for care):
• A child under 6 months of age
• Immunocompromised or immunosuppressed (when your body can’t fight disease)
• Have not been vaccinated against the measles
• Were born before 1957 and are immunosuppressed
“Being up-to-date with your measles vaccination is the best way to help protect yourself, your family, and the community, especially those who cannot get vaccinated because they are too young or have specific health conditions,” said Dr. Ruppert. Since the outbreak began, the Health Department together with partners such as Refuah Health Center and private pediatricians and family doctors have administered over 21,000 doses of MMR vaccine.
READ MORE MEASLES COVERAGE:
[MAILBAG: A Family’s Nightmare of a Young Child With Measles]
[Williamsburg Satmar Kehilla Condemns Handler’s Remarks at Anti-Vax Event; Rebbe Says Everyone MUST Vaccinate]
[MAILBAG: Sullivan County Resident Has Message To Jewish Anti-Vaxxers Heading Upstate This Summer]
[MAILBAG: The Measles Crisis Will Reach Unheralded Proportions This Summer]
[NYC Health Dept Closes ANOTHER Yeshiva; Measles Outbreak STILL Growing]
[WATCH: CNN Interviews Hasidic Business Owner From Monsey About Measles; New Cases SOAR in Williamsburg]
[UNPRECEDENTED: Over FIVE HUNDRED Doctors Serving Jewish Communities Across North America Say “VACCINATE”!]
[Hatzolah in NYC Joins Fight Against The Measles Outbreak – GET VACCINATED NOW]
[MEASLES SCARE: JetBlue Flight Quarantined at JFK Airport Over Suspected Measles-Infected Orthodox Jewish Passengers]
[HISTORIC: Satmar Paper “Der Yid” Publishes Editorial in ENGLISH Blasting Anti-Vaxxers]
[Israel: 10-Year-Old Boy Suffers Permanent Brain Damage After Getting Measles]
[WATCH: Trump Urges Vaccinations To Prevent Spread Of Measles]
[US Measles Outbreak is Largest Since Disease Was Declared ‘Eliminated’; 2 Pregnant Women Sickened in Williamsburg]
[MOST ARE ORTHODOX JEWS: US Measles Cases Top 700, Leading to Extraordinary Measures Around The Country]
[HATE: NYC Bus Driver Makes Anti-Semitic ‘Measles’ Remark Towards Hasidic Man in Williamsburg]
[ANOTHER GENIUS: Watch This Williamsburg Anti-Vaxxer “Community Activist” Give Media Interview]
[WATCH THIS: Williamsburg Anti-Vaxxer Mothers Give Media Shocking Interview]
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)
Anyone who has not been immunized or re immunized by now really make you think about these people’s intelligence.
It all depends on the individual circumstances! Intelligence is like a computer – garbage in garbage out – any decision you make depends what information you had before hand. As Chazal said: “Mikol mishmor shemor libecho!”
Keep goishe knowledge out of you head as much as possible!
The biggest problem in immunization issue is a not too common contradiction between Medical dogma vs Personal experience. If your personal experience seems to be in contradiction with “vaccines are safe and effective” medical dogma and you start acting based on your experience, your intelligence will be questioned by “deep intellectuals” like commentator “laughing” right above!
It seems like your inferring that personal people experience adverse effects from vaccines, aside from the usual fever or mild temporary symptoms as the immune system fights the vaccine and builds its immunity.
I am sure that these people took their children to their doctors and emergency rooms, there should be a well documented paper trail charting all complaints and a clear timeline that supports this notion.
If thats not provided, then all your saying is hypothetical and has been proven incorrect by scientifically accepted methods.